Find Us on Facebook Contact Us Search
Save

All About Altar Valley

Founded in 1928 as a one-room ranch school, the Altar Valley School District has emerged into a rapidly growing district. In 1930, Mrs. Mary E. Dill formed the Three Points School and taught at the school named after her for more than twenty years. In 2003 a new school was constructed and renamed Robles Elementary School. In 1988, the district adopted the name of the expansive valley in which it lies, Altar Valley, and for which our middle school is named.

Bordering the district to the west is the Indian Oasis District; the Marana School district is to the north; the San Fernando district is to the south; and the Tucson Unified School District is to the east. The Altar Valley District encompasses nearly 600 square miles of high Sonoran desert and mountains.

The district is located 20 miles southwest of downtown Tucson on Route 86, Ajo Way. Several attractions are near the district, including the Sonora Desert Museum, Old Tucson, and the San Xavier del Bac Mission. The community is known as Three Points or Robles Junction. The internationally-known Kitt Peak National Observatory frames the background for the Altar Valley School District.

With ranching and farming roots, the Altar Valley District incorporates a community rich with heritage and western ideals. The socioeconomic background of the community reflects a growing and diversified community.