There's a lot going on in Altar Valley. Our District News page will give you a taste of why we are so proud of our students, our teachers, and our community.
The Altar Valley School District Governing Board is asking voters to continue the 10% Maintenance and Operations Override. This override was originally approved by voters in 2002 and reapproved in 2008, and 2014.
This is a renewal of the current override, if renewed there is no change to local property taxes. This is not a new tax. The estimated tax rate for the override will be $0.95 per $100 of assessed valuation.
Renewal of the override will help us maintain:
- Free full day kindergarten
- Competitive teacher and staff salaries
- Small class sizes
- Free athletic programs
Contribute to Altar Valley School District extracurricular activities. Your contribution will benefit you and our students!
- Receive dollar-for-dollar tax reductions on state tax return.
- You can claim up to $400/married or $200/single.
- Help support our athletics programs and fieldtrips such as our fourth grade Mt. Lemmon trip, sixth grade Disney trip, and eighth grade Washington DC trip.
- Family, friends, community members, and co-workers can help, too!
Thank you for your continued support! Please visit our Tax Credit page to learn more.
Children who are between birth and twenty-one years of age and have a developmental delay, or are suspected of having a disabling or emotionally handicapping condition, may be eligible for special services. To determine if a developmental delay exists, professional evaluations and/or assessments may be conducted in the following areas:
- Physical Development
- Language and Speech Skills
- Cognitive or Mental Development
- Self-Help Skills (e.g., dressing, social and emotional skills feeding, etc.)
Altar Valley School District's Child Find can help with a free screening and referral for diagnostic and/or early intervention programs.
For newborns through two-years old, parents may contact:
Department of Economic Security
Division of Developmental
Disabilities Child Family Services
4710 E. 29th St.
(520) 745-5588, Ext. 535
For screenings for individual three through 21 years old, please contact:
Altar Valley School District
Special Services Director