There's a lot going on in Altar Valley. Our District News page will give you a taste of why we are so proud of our students, our teachers, and our community.
Parents, your opinions about the performance of your child’s school are very important to us! The Arizona Department of Education developed this survey, which will only take about five minutes to complete. Your identity will remain completely anonymous. We will combine your responses to the survey questions with responses from other parents to give us information about your child’s school. Your feedback will help us continue to provide an all-star education for your child. Please visit the survey link below to share your thoughts with us. Thank you for your help!
Mark your calendars and plan to join us every Wednesday from March 4, 2020, through May 6, 2020, from 5:45 to 7:00 p.m. at Altar Valley Middle School. Please note there will be no event on Wednesday, March 18 during spring break.
We will have both open gym and open library! Check out books and use the computers. We will be offering a free meal for children 18 years of age and under, so you can enjoy a nice dinner with your family! Adult meals are also available for just $3.50, and all meals include dinner and a beverage. We'll see you there!
Altar Valley School District has some top-notch students and employees. Check out our student of the month and employee of the month for January.
Altar Valley Middle School
- January Student of the Month - Victoria P.
- January Employee of the Month - Elizabet Vasquez
- January Student of the Month - Eduardo G.
- January Employee of the Month - Paul Asmann
Returning student registration packets will go home on Monday, March 30, 2020, and are due back by Thursday, April 30, 2020, for the 2020–2021 school year. If you do not return your student registration packet you will need to bring it in during our summer registration dates listed below.
- Wednesday, July 29, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 30, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For open enrollment information, please go to our Registration page.
Calling all 2020–2021 future preschool and kindergartners. Get ready for our preschool and kindergarten open enrollment. Transportation to and from school is available. The district is continuing to provide free all-day kindergarten next year from the funding provided by the voter-approved override that passed in November. We will also begin our free three and four year old preschool for qualifying families.
Join us on either of the following dates:
- Thursday, March 12, 2020, from 12:30–6:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 13, 2020, from 12:30–3:30 p.m.
Parents, please bring the following documents for photocopying when they enroll:
- Birth certificate
- Current immunization records
- Bring two types of proof of residency. These items can include utility bills, rental agreements, vehicle registration, etc.
- For preschool only: Proof of Income: 2019 1040 Tax Form with two current pay-stubs or AHCCCS Award Letter
Requirements to begin preschool or kindergarten:
- Preschool students must be three or four before September 1, 2020. Kindergarten students must be five before September 1, 2020.
- Parents may pick up a registration packet at Robles Elementary. Then, complete at home and return at a later time.
Please call (520) 822-9418 for more information. or refer to our flyer.